Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Some support for watching Aşk-ı Memnu

Who are these people?
To me the Turkish names are difficult. I can't remember them and I can't even remember which is male and which is female. I know who Adnan is, and that's about it.

I just noticed there's a Turkish description under the video at YouTube :-D That helps. :-)

burada - here
Teşekkür ederim - Thank you
teşekkürler - thanks
anne - mother
also, they call Adnan Bey all the time...
Aşk is love in Aşk-ı Memnu - forbidden love
Pardon - excuse me

"In Turkey, many Turkish use this statement and hug each other; more secular and non-religious people say "Selam" as an equivalent to "Hello" or "Hi". This use has extended to the Internet with the abbreviated "slm" being commonly used amongst Turks on social networking websites."

The thing is that I don't understand much of Turkish, but I understand quite a lot about the series... And it's making Turkish interesting to me :-)

-------------------------

Now is the half-point of 6 weeks challenge, and I'm feeling like I'm desperately trying to swim, but there's no water... or something. It feels like I don't make any progress, I know nothing, all the hours I've been putting in studying have been wasted etc. etc. I haven't done even half of the things I should have done... and then I took the language level test, and received this:
I know it's not correct, but when I took the test 3-4 weeks ago, I got A1 :-D
I guessed practically every question wrong. I mean... how can one guess every question on a multiple choice questionnaire wrong? There must be SOMETHING one guesses right, n'est-ce pas?
I'm still not sure, it's not like with the English test, but - there it is, purple on white. C2. 
Je ne sais pas qu'est-il qui a crée cette site, mais il pense je ne suis pas un idiot complet :-) And it feels quite nice :-)
What it is saying is that my sense for French is not bad, not bad at all... I chose the option that FELT best. Not the one I KNEW to be right, but the one that FELT best...

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ketutar...
    Unfortunately, all of these names are not Turkic, they are arabic or persian names (behlül,nesrin,bihter,süleymnan etc.) Generally, Turks give arabic and persian names their babies.
    I would like to give you some original Turkic names. We are use Altaic Lanuage, from siberia anda central asia.

    Some of Original Turkic Names:
    Alp: brave (boy)
    Yiğit hero (boy)
    Çiçek: flover (girl)
    Kartal:eagle (boy)
    Tarkan: alone warrior (boy)
    Özgün: Original (boy or girl)
    Demir: iron (boy)
    Ayça: ''like moon'' (girl)
    Gizem: secret (girl)
    Bulut: cloud (boy)
    Yağmur: rain..(girl)

    These are original Turkic names. Magyars can learning original turkic names, because our languges like each other.
    Turkish and Turkic languages has got ''vovel harmony'' you can find on vikipedia. Indo-european languages hasn't got vovel harmony.

    Simply:
    Süleyman (arabic) ''ü,e,a'' -> it's not vovel harmony
    Çekmece (Turkic) ''e,e,e'' -> it's vovel harmony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I'm sorry I haven't noticed your comments earlier, it would have been much help :-)
      Also, thank you about that vowel harmony... never thought of it, but you're right!

      Delete