Thursday, November 17, 2011

A little update

Turkish is really interesting, because there doesn't seem to be anything I recognize so that I could build upon it... nothing to fasten it to.
Sure, the numbers with beer-drinking jedis in dirt with Secky's doc-ooze... but it really doesn't make much sense.

After having watched an episode of Aşk-ı Memnu  it is making more sense... sometimes it sounds like Russian, sometimes like Japanese and sometimes like nothing else :-D

Now, there's Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ's character... He's supposed to be some sort of a playboy, really attractive, everyone just falls for him... and I don't understand why anyone would find that a-hole in any way attractive... sure, he's handsome, but... he seems to be a total jerk. Tactless, mocking bully. Everything is a damn joke to him... he seems to be saying something nice and kind, and then one can see on the reaction that he was saying something really mean and hurtful, and then he just laughs...

And the girl's mother is like him, except that she's just stupid and glueless and mostly embarrassing.

Well...
1. episode I learned
Good morning: günaydın
good night: İyi geceler
big - büyük / small - küçük
yes - evet / no - hayır

2. episode
bana bak - look
Hello - Merhaba
Excuse me - Pardon
thank you - merci
hepsi - all
lütfen - please

I love you - Seni seviyorum

From speak Turkish: essentials

--------------------

I am having troubles in English, because my mind is getting "Frenchized" :-D I'm not at all certain of if I'm using an English syntax or not... ROTFLMAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment